18 April 2010

Le IRP



The paper was due at 5:00 p.m. sharp. It actually said "sharp" on the rubric.


I was furiously typing as fast as my lil fingers ever did type. A proper symphony of tapping, clapping keyboard letters.


Suddenly it was 4:36. Wait, WHAT


Fingers flying at this point, pounding on that poor lil biddie keyboard. Huffing, puffing, OKAY DONE. PRINT.


no paper. (obviously).


4:43. EMAIL TO FRIEND. Commence to RUN (SPRINT) out of dorm study room, still holding laptop. Was not at all wearing proper shoes. Amazing friend prints out paper and adds the name of my professor to the heading of the paper. I had written Prof. P. Thought (mistakenly) it was a bit humorous. I may have also forgot how to spell his name (Polish). Friend fixes paper. She is smart.


4:56. All the world is a blur. I am running my own personal Olympic 50 meter. (Except that it was a bit more than fifty meters, I should think.)


See classmates walking back from Director's office, papers already handed in.


"RUUUUUUUNNNNN!!!!!!!!"


Dodging trash cans, construction flags and small children. PROPEL SELF ACROSS INTERSECTION. BOWL UP ESCALATOR. THROW BODY THROUGH GLASS DOOR. YES IT WAS OPEN. SURPRISINGLY.


Tumble into Director's office.


Place paper in her hands.


Exhale.


Look at cell phone.


17h00.


5 o'clock. Exactly.




No comments:

Post a Comment